Skip to main content

How to save 1200 euros during your first few days in Germany?

Many of you will be reaching Germany in the following weeks, to pursue your higher studies. I know that, it will be very difficult to come to a whole new country, which doesn't even have anything in English; I have gone through the same situation and have done many mistakes. I would like to warn you about many things that may go wrong, also give some very important tips and tricks for your first few days in Germany.

~I am not here to advertise any company, but to suggest the best for your career~


With these tips, you can save more than 1000 euros and there is an initiative called IntrVu, to guide students like you to help and guide in the right direction. They are advisories and have student ambassadors in most of the universities, who will be helping you out as a personal mentor. They are operating from Germany, if you are a student, who is going to arrive in Germany in the following weeks, then please check the POST ARRIVAL package in this link: Click Here


Shopping guidance:

It is your first week and all your Maggi will be over. You have to go for shopping and buy things for your room and also for your kitchen. In a new country it will be very difficult and that too with everything in German. You will waste lot of money by buying unnecessary things; if you purchase this package, your mentor will help you with all the shopping, which will save you almost 100 euros.

Saving till now: 100


Image source: Google


Do's and Dont's in Germany

Germany is a land of rules, there are rules for each and everything. You will need someone to explain it to you, before you arrive in Germany. If you break the rules, you will be fined; hence you MUST know many things before landing in Germany. There are many students, who got fines upto 1100 euros.

Savings till now: 1200

Image source: Google

Procedures and Registrations: 

Once you arrive, there a lot of procedures to be carried out. You need to register youself in Rathaus, then you need an Krankenkasse, then Immatriculation, etc., You need to know all of these before-hand and be prepared. None of the consultancies will be guiding you with these things. We at IntrVu have students, studying in Germany who will be there to guide you all through the process. You will save almost 50 euros.

Savings till now: 1250


Image source: Google


Booking of trains/bus tickets:

Since all the German websites are not available in English, you will need someone to help you. And moreover, you will not be knowing which website to book from and which is the cheapest option; because in the excitement of moving to a new country, you will waste a lot of money. You will save almost 25 euros

Savings till now: 1275
Image source: Google

There are many more in this package. I can suggest you that, this will be the best help you can get out there.

Website: http://intrvu.org/admissions/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/intrvu

Comments

FREE International Money Transfer

Popular posts from this blog

Study abroad - Whatsapp group | Studying in Germany

There have been many requests from students to start a Whatsapp group for our community and thus we have created a Official Whatsapp group, in order to help students with their doubts and queries.  We will try our level best to clarify the doubts, also we request others also to have a 'healthy' conversation with others. Some guidelines and infos about our Group: This is an International group and thus, the common language to be used is ENGLISH After you join the group, if someone contacts you via Personal message regarding any offers or consultancy, then please report to the admin This group is only for those who wish to STUDY and we do not offer any 'special' ways to get into Germany If you send any irrelevant message(SPAM) in the group, then you would be immediately removed from the group without any questions.  Abusive language will not be tolerated  Advertisements of any sort, is prohibited Whatsapp group -> Click HERE ...

Got many admits? How to choose the best university? | Advice from Seniors | Studying in Germany

Hello! We have started this series of articles - Advice from Seniors, in order to enlighten the aspirants to choose the best thing for their career. The first article will focus on ' choosing the right university' and find the tips and advice from our side below: Please note that, whatever advice/opinion presented in this article is solely the opinion of the author from his own experiences and observations. If the reader has a difference in opinion, the author of this article duely respects it By the time you read this article, if you have got one or more admits in the German universities and are worried about choosing the best one for your career, then this article will be of great help for you. Let us see some scenarios and let me give you an reality check.  Scenario - 1 You got an admit in a Hochschule/FachHochschule( FH ) at a remote town in Germany and you choose to pursue that course, because of the subjects and job prospects for that field. You ne...

My German VISA experience | Mumbai Consulate | Guest post | Winter 2017

Name: Vedant Gandhi My German Visa experience – Mumbai Consulate, 15th June 2017 University: University of Applied science stuttgart (HFT Stuttgart) Course: Master's International Project Management (Infrastructure, Building, Real Estate) For booking my appointment I mailed them on their helpline email id as the website gives us option of doing it by calling them or by mail. I got a automated reply from them that we will reply to me within two working days. So i waited patiently for two days but didn't got any. finally on third day i called them asking my status. there was a foolish lady on other side who said i need to mail them to book a appointment. I explained her that i had already mailed vfs and blasted her for not replying back. after which she checked and said we will reply to you immediately. They told me all the slots are booked.after trying and starving for getting interview dates, calling them on regular basis for like 50-60 calls per day. I request...

Job scenario in Germany | Will I get a job after Masters studies? | Jobs in Germany

Job scenario in Germany Getting a job after Masters degree is an important aspect that many aspirants are worried about, some think it as a "return of investment" and some think it as a next-step in their career. If you are one of them and thinking about the job scenarios, then don't worry you are not alone. Even I was like you, when I started applying for Universities to pursue Masters in Germany. The main worry would be about, spending around 10-15k Euros, 2-3 years to get a Masters degree and then being jobless - YES, it would be a nightmare and completely understand it. But now for me, after staying in Germany I would say that, I was worrying too much about jobs while applying to Masters courses and allow me to walk you through why I feel this way.  The reason why I am writing about this topic is because, I am an active user in Quora  and I see lot of questions regarding "Job scenario for Masters students in Germany", "Job scenario for Mec...

Embedded Systems - TU Chemnitz | Is the course very tough?

In the recent past, I have got a lot of messages from aspirants who have got admission in Masters in Embedded Systems at TU Chemnitz. Most of them have the same doubts, "Is the course very tough?", "Can we complete the course in 2 years?", "We heard that many students dropped out of the course, due to the difficulty!".  I hope that I am eligible to write this article, as I am studying in this particular course and thus I have a better understanding of the subjects, difficulty, modules, etc., But still, I would like to mention this before-hand, that the content of this article is purely based on my personal experience and opinions. Difficulty of the course: When you are applying for a Masters course, you definitely cannot expect it to be a CAKE WALK. It is definitely going to be tough and definitely you will go through some harsh times, which will be a learning lesson to you. Keeping aside the Phylosophical thoughts, if someone asks me about th...

List of all the universities in Germany | Unoficial: Stduying in Germany

Subscribe (top of the page) || Facebook || YouTube This article will provide all the Universities that are in Germany University/Hochschul name Type State City Year of start Home Page Fachhochschule Aachen Fachhochschulen / HAW Nordrhein-Westfalen Aachen 1971 http://www.fh-aachen.de Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen Universitäten Nordrhein-Westfalen Aachen 1870 http://www.rwth-aachen.de Hochschule Aalen - Technik und Wirtschaft Fachhochschulen / HAW Baden-Württemberg Aalen 1962 http://www.hs-aalen.de Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen Fachhochschulen / HAW Baden-Württemberg Sigmaringen 1971 www.hs-albsig.de Alanus Hochschule Kunst- und Musikhochschulen mit und ohne Promotionsrecht Nordrhein-Westfalen Alfter 1973 http://www.alanus.edu Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden Fachhochschulen / HAW Bayern Amberg 1994 http://www.oth-aw.de/ Hochschule Anhalt - Anhalt University of Applied Sciences Fachhochschulen / HAW Sachsen-Anhalt Köthen 1...

How to get an ADMIT in German Universities? | Step by Step procedure

In the recent years, Germany has become one of the most sought-out destinations for higher studies. With many International programmes being offered in Germany, there are many students who would like to pursue their studies. Unlike U.S or Canada, the application process in Germany is not the same. There are some difficulties that the aspirants/applicants face, when applying to German courses. This post is aimed at helping those aspirants with a step-by-step procedure on how to get an admit in German universities.  Here is a Infographic explaining the step-by-step procedure on how to get an ADMIT in German Universities: START WITH THE INTERNET: In this Information age, everything is available in the Internet; it just takes some time to look out for the correct information that you need. The first step in your study-abroad in Germany plan is to visit DAAD website and check out for the courses, scholarships and various other information about studying in Ger...

Which country is better? Germany VS Singapore | Masters studies | MS course

Germany VS Singapore Deciding a path to choose, when you have lot of options in hand is very difficult. When you are applying for Masters studies, there would be a lot of confusion in terms of which country to apply for and there was a question in Quora regarding Germany VS Singapore. Trust me, even I was in the same dilemma when I wanted to pursue my Masters course. Let me throw some light on the analysis that I had done, based on my experience in Germany(Masters studies) and my observations from my friends who are studying in Singapore. Climate:   Are you a person who likes Winters to be cold(around 0 degree Celsius)? Are you a person who likes to just have 2 months of Summer? If you’re from a tropical country, then there is high possibility that you will not like Germany’s climate, but on the other hand Singapore has similar tropical conditions, which makes it easier to adapt.  Winner:  Singapore Course duration:  Most of the courses...

Why you should goto Consultancies! (Pun intended)

Everyone are applying for higher studies and going abroad! Many apply on their own, some ask their friends for help, but most of them apply via Consultancies. I am here to explain you, what really happens when you go to consultancies. ~This post is only relatable, if you are applying for Europe or Germany. ~ ~I know this is a long post, please read till the end~ Image source: Google #1 University selections: The consultancies will tell you that, your grades are comparatively low. You can apply for 5 universities and they will take care of the rest and get you an admission. Reality:   The consultancies will not guide you in anyway. They do not know anything about the University or the course. They will not understand your area of specialization or your career interest. Their main aim is to get you one admit and send you off. What you need?: You do not need any consultancy to help you, you need only some advice and guidance from the people who are already in German...

Studying in Germany | What to expect | How is it going to be?

This article speaks about "What to expect while studying in Germany" and "How is it going to be different from your studies in your home country?"  Basically, I am from India and please do not mind if sometimes I relate to Indian education system or studies in India. I will be comparing the education & studying aspect between Germany and India in this article.  Classmates: Till I went to the class in my University in Germany, I didn't realise that I will be studying along with students from various background, age group, nationalities, etc., I am studying Embedded systems and I have friends from ECE, EEE, EIE, Computer science backgrounds too; also I came to Germany as soon as completed my Bachelor's studies in India, but I have friends who completed their Bachelor's 5-6 years back and have worked in IT companies, Core companies, etc., I was really astonished with the diversity in the class and still everyone studied the same ...

Popular posts from this blog

Study abroad - Whatsapp group | Studying in Germany

There have been many requests from students to start a Whatsapp group for our community and thus we have created a Official Whatsapp group, in order to help students with their doubts and queries.  We will try our level best to clarify the doubts, also we request others also to have a 'healthy' conversation with others. Some guidelines and infos about our Group: This is an International group and thus, the common language to be used is ENGLISH After you join the group, if someone contacts you via Personal message regarding any offers or consultancy, then please report to the admin This group is only for those who wish to STUDY and we do not offer any 'special' ways to get into Germany If you send any irrelevant message(SPAM) in the group, then you would be immediately removed from the group without any questions.  Abusive language will not be tolerated  Advertisements of any sort, is prohibited Whatsapp group -> Click HERE ...

How to find Indian/Asian products inside German supermarket? | Tour inside a German supermarket

So, when you have just arrived in Germany and are mesmerized with everything around you; starting from the traffic, rules, dorms, universitiy, etc., Something that is much more important is food and groceries that you need for day-to-day life activities. The problem with the German supermarkets is that, most of the products or items in the supermarket will be in German language and most of the new comers find it difficult to locate many items inside the supermarket. The situation gets worse, if you are not well-versed in German because most of the supermarket staff will only know German language and it would be difficult for you to explain what you are searching for.  Why you need to learn German? Check it out  In this article, I have tried to show all the Indian/Asian products that you can buy from the German supermarkets. Before I show you the products, I would mention some of the biggest and most renowned supermarkets in Germany which can be found in all t...

Which country is better? Germany VS Singapore | Masters studies | MS course

Germany VS Singapore Deciding a path to choose, when you have lot of options in hand is very difficult. When you are applying for Masters studies, there would be a lot of confusion in terms of which country to apply for and there was a question in Quora regarding Germany VS Singapore. Trust me, even I was in the same dilemma when I wanted to pursue my Masters course. Let me throw some light on the analysis that I had done, based on my experience in Germany(Masters studies) and my observations from my friends who are studying in Singapore. Climate:   Are you a person who likes Winters to be cold(around 0 degree Celsius)? Are you a person who likes to just have 2 months of Summer? If you’re from a tropical country, then there is high possibility that you will not like Germany’s climate, but on the other hand Singapore has similar tropical conditions, which makes it easier to adapt.  Winner:  Singapore Course duration:  Most of the courses...