Skip to main content

Ask your questions here | Studying in Germany

ask your questions


Dear Readers/Followers,

I am very happy to receive all your doubts and questions regarding "Studying in Germany". But, I would prefer to answer your questions via the comments section of this blog, rather than in my personal profile. Everyday I receive around 10-20 message requests in various social media platforms and am thinking of channelizing it properly and efficiently.

Most of you have common questions like choosing university, part-time jobs, etc., I am glad to help you with your doubts, but it would be more convinient if you could post it in the comments section of this post; so that even others can view it and will be helpful for everyone. 

I completely understand your situation, because 2 years back I was also like you. Do not hesitate to comment your questions and doubt, I will do my level best to clarify it. 

With love,
Aravind Sindhey

Comments

  1. i have the below 2 admits:
    1. Rostock University - Electrical Engineering
    2. TU Ilmenau - Communication and Signal Processing Engineering

    Which of the 2 in your opinion is better for internships and job opportuniti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would choose Ilmenau, because it is a TU and there will be lot of research opportunities, comparatively. I would suggest you to go through the course modules and check out which one of the two courses suits your career best.

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    I want to know how good is Chemnitz university for embedded engineering. Even how good are the job opportunities their

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embedded Systems course is good. You have lot of options in fields like Image processing, RTS, EDA, Networking, etc., Since it is a "technical university", there are many research opportunities as well.

      I would suggest not to worry about job opportunities at this stage.

      For more info: http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.com/2017/05/one-thing-that-you-need-to-worry-about.html

      http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.com/2017/05/3-things-you-probably-shouldnt-worry.html

      http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.com/2017/04/job-prospects-in-germany-studying-in.html

      Delete
  3. I am in b.tech 4th year from mechanical branch .... My cgpa is 7.4 .. Bestow me the direction with some suggestions for pursuing M.S from Germany ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dishant,

      DAAD will be the first step to start your journey towards Germany for pursuing Masters.

      Check out this post, on how to use DAAD website: http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.com/2017/03/how-to-use-daad-website-tutorial-step.html

      Delete
  4. Hello sir
    I want to do mbbs in germany. I heard they need 13 yeqr education so in order to fulfill it i am doing a bridge course in kolkata Goethe . I wanted to is this going right? And also what subject does it cover under bridge course?is it difficult to pass the final exam? . Also can i get job in germany after my degree or i have to give some other exams too? Finally is the medium English in medical Universities there?do I have to get enrolled in a language course after the bridge course?
    So you see sir I have a lot of questions. I am sorry though.
    Thank you . Looking forward to get a reply by your side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Saransh,
      My knowledge is limited in the field of Medicine. As far as I know, most of the medical courses are in German language and I suggest you to approach DAAD office in your city for further details, because they will have a better understanding and can help you a lot more.

      All the best for your career
      -Aravind

      Delete
  5. Hello sir I want to pursue msc in material science in Germany. Is it worthy doing there? Will I get a job in the field of material science in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Pursuing a Masters studies will always be "worthy", if you're sincere and have a real passion towards the subject/field. I have to warn you that, doing Masters isn't a piece of cake; you have to struggle hard and face many difficulties in terms.

      Regarding the job prospects in Germany, kindly have a look at this article:

      http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.de/2017/04/job-prospects-in-germany-studying-in.html

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sir,

    I have admits in

    1. Ernst Abbe Hochshule jena :- Scientific Instrumentation
    2. Otto Von Guericke University magdeburg : Electrical Engineering and Information Technology

    Can you please suggest which one of the above will be best choice?
    and also i'm waiting for response of confirmation from the following universities. Which of the following is a better choice:

    1. University of rostock :- Electrical Engineering (major in IT or power)
    2. TU Chemnitz :- Embedded systems

    Your suggestion will be very helpful.
    Thanks in Advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Yamini,

      The below answer is completely according to my experiences and observations, also the choices are my personal opinions.

      Between Jena & Magdeburg, I would prefer Magdeburg. If you get the other two courses, then I would choose TU Chemnitz(I am from TUC). I know more about the Embedded Systems course in TU Chemnitz and I feel it is good, considering all the other aspects.

      I have limited knowledge about Rostock.

      Delete
  8. Hello... myself kavya, I wanna pursue MS in CS(Artificial Intelligence and data science) in your university. As german university provides a first class education which focuses on the understanding of these principles and how they are applied in practice.

    So I would like know the prerequisites to be satisfied for 1 more year as I done with 12+3 yrs of education so that I can get into good university in germany!! please do help me with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi aravind,
    I would like to know some public universities for mechanical engineering .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Manoj,
      There are hundreds of courses in many universities for the domain Mechanical engineering. I hope you would have heard about DAAD. My suggestion is that, you can goto this website and check out the courses that match your profile and career goals.

      Here is a link on How to use DAAD website(tutorial): http://aravindsindhey.blogspot.com/2017/03/how-to-use-daad-website-tutorial-step.html

      Delete
  10. Hey..TU KAISERSLAUTERN alone for embedded systems course ask for gre that too not compulsory but strongly recommend , n I have heard that is depends a on CGPA , if it CGPA is low u need a to show it gre score otherwise not... so m in a confused situation that should I give gre (with my CGPA being 8) or not because it's only one institution that is saying strongly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vasudha,

      In reality, no one knows whether the university will consider GRE is the CGPA is low and there is no proof for that statement.

      I suggest you to go through the course modules and subjects, check out the opportunities and then if you're still determined to join that course, then give GRE. Because, if you really want that particular course, then you need to give your best shot at it.

      P.S: This is just my personal opinion. The final decision is with you

      Delete
  11. Hey..TU KAISERSLAUTERN alone for embedded systems course ask for gre that too not compulsory but strongly recommend , n I have heard that is depends a on CGPA , if it CGPA is low u need a to show it gre score otherwise not... so m in a confused situation that should I give gre (with my CGPA being 8) or not because it's only one institution that is saying strongly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello
    I have completed my btech in the stream of electrical engineering with 70.45%,I want to do Ms in electrical engineering in Germany,learning German language,IELTS 6
    AM I eligible to do Ms in Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kinda difficult, but you can anyways try applying.. No one really knows what will happen!

      Delete
  13. Sir, I have completed my mechanical Engineering with 72% and I also have A2 cerficiate of German Language..Will I be eligible to go to Germany with Scholarships?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can apply to universities, but I doubt about the Scholarships. Because, the scholarships need 'excellent' marks/grades. Also, since the German universities aren't going to cost you a lot, many students study without Scholarships

      Delete
  14. Hello Brother.
    I am in my 7th Semester, Mech. Engg. I want to pursue Masters in Automotive Engg. in Germany in Winter term. I know a little about German language from online tutors. I'm going appear for IELTS in Jan 2018. I have shortlisted 2 institutions - RWTH Aachen & Esslingen Univ. Further,my CGPA is average i.e. 7.97 till 6th Sem. So I request you to kindly help me for applying to these universities. I'm really confused and afraid for not knowing anything about application procedure. Adding one thing, my univ. is going to provide my Final certificate in May 2018 and most of the German universities have deadline between Mar-mid Apr. 2018. Will it prevent me for applying to above said ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky,

      You can apply with your Transcript till 6 semesters. That shouldn't be a problem :)

      IF you need any further details, please contact us - unofficialgermany@gmail.com

      Delete
  15. Hello there !
    I got admit from ovg Magdeburg for ITVET, Hochschule Neubrandenburg for Geodesy and Geoinformation, Hochschule Stralsund for renewable energy and E-mobility, and others yet to come, based on present admits, please guide, which is best and why w.r.t. job prospects and future job market trends prevailing there. I have pursued BE Mechanical earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello sir,
    This is Sanket,pursuing bachelors in EXTC.I have my cgpa of 7.33 till 7 semesters.Thinking of applying for next year 2019 sep-oct.Does the gap matter after the engineering and before the masters?I dont want to do IT job.How can I fill that gap?

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi,
    I did my b tech in ME. My cgpa is 6.45 and i did 2 internships. My final year project didn't go well and i got an average grade in the project. what are the chances of getting into any good university in Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!
    I did my Bachelors in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. I want to do my masters in a German University. My gpa is 7.4, I want to know, what are my chances of getting into a public university.
    I am looking at the mechatronics masters.
    What is your opinion about Esslingen university of applied sciences?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FREE International Money Transfer

Popular posts from this blog

Study abroad - Whatsapp group | Studying in Germany

There have been many requests from students to start a Whatsapp group for our community and thus we have created a Official Whatsapp group, in order to help students with their doubts and queries.  We will try our level best to clarify the doubts, also we request others also to have a 'healthy' conversation with others. Some guidelines and infos about our Group: This is an International group and thus, the common language to be used is ENGLISH After you join the group, if someone contacts you via Personal message regarding any offers or consultancy, then please report to the admin This group is only for those who wish to STUDY and we do not offer any 'special' ways to get into Germany If you send any irrelevant message(SPAM) in the group, then you would be immediately removed from the group without any questions.  Abusive language will not be tolerated  Advertisements of any sort, is prohibited Whatsapp group -> Click HERE ...

Got many admits? How to choose the best university? | Advice from Seniors | Studying in Germany

Hello! We have started this series of articles - Advice from Seniors, in order to enlighten the aspirants to choose the best thing for their career. The first article will focus on ' choosing the right university' and find the tips and advice from our side below: Please note that, whatever advice/opinion presented in this article is solely the opinion of the author from his own experiences and observations. If the reader has a difference in opinion, the author of this article duely respects it By the time you read this article, if you have got one or more admits in the German universities and are worried about choosing the best one for your career, then this article will be of great help for you. Let us see some scenarios and let me give you an reality check.  Scenario - 1 You got an admit in a Hochschule/FachHochschule( FH ) at a remote town in Germany and you choose to pursue that course, because of the subjects and job prospects for that field. You ne...

My German VISA experience | Chennai consulate | Guest post | Winter 2017

My visa experience in Chennai consulate: My  Visa appointment date was on Sept 1st,  the visa charges were revised as Rs.5600 and mentioned in the German consulate website, but unfortunately they said that there was some mistake in the site  and we were informed that the actual charges are around Rs.5700 and told to change the DD. My visa appointment: 1st Sept, 2017 – 9:00 AM (Chennai consulate) We were allowed inside the room at 8:30 AM and the person at the front desk gave a sheet and told to arrange our documents according to that. Later he called one by one, and he checked and sorted out the needed documents. He gave the token number and told us to wait. I got token number 3 and a German lady was my VO. Facebook group | Facebook page | SUBSCRIBE(top of the page) Me: Good Morning mam. VO: Good Morning, Can you please give your documents? Me: I gave my documents and my passport. She returned back my dd, and told to change it within 1:00 ...

German VISA experience | Mumbai consulate | Guest post | Summer 2018

Name: Seles Abraham VI Date: 4th January 2018 Consulate: Mumbai Visa approval mail received on: 29th January 2018 University: SRH Heidelberg Course: Master’s in Applied Computer Science (SAP Module) EXPERIENCE Initial Step is to book an appointment through VFS (by call or by mail). No online booking provision is available for Mumbai Consulate. I got the visa interview date for 4th of January 2018 at 9 AM. I reached the Mumbai German consulate at 8:00 AM (Nariman Point). At around 8:15 AM the security guard asked all the applicants to stand in a line and proceed one by one from the main gate for security check. Once you enter the main gate, they ask you to carry only your files and documents and ask you to switch off your mobile. Then they ask you to keep your bag in a locker and a token is given (to be precise locker token). The guard then gave me a checklist page and asked me to arrange DD and two DD form with a photograph separately. And the two s...

Embedded Systems - TU Chemnitz | Is the course very tough?

In the recent past, I have got a lot of messages from aspirants who have got admission in Masters in Embedded Systems at TU Chemnitz. Most of them have the same doubts, "Is the course very tough?", "Can we complete the course in 2 years?", "We heard that many students dropped out of the course, due to the difficulty!".  I hope that I am eligible to write this article, as I am studying in this particular course and thus I have a better understanding of the subjects, difficulty, modules, etc., But still, I would like to mention this before-hand, that the content of this article is purely based on my personal experience and opinions. Difficulty of the course: When you are applying for a Masters course, you definitely cannot expect it to be a CAKE WALK. It is definitely going to be tough and definitely you will go through some harsh times, which will be a learning lesson to you. Keeping aside the Phylosophical thoughts, if someone asks me about th...

How to get an ADMIT in German Universities? | Step by Step procedure

In the recent years, Germany has become one of the most sought-out destinations for higher studies. With many International programmes being offered in Germany, there are many students who would like to pursue their studies. Unlike U.S or Canada, the application process in Germany is not the same. There are some difficulties that the aspirants/applicants face, when applying to German courses. This post is aimed at helping those aspirants with a step-by-step procedure on how to get an admit in German universities.  Here is a Infographic explaining the step-by-step procedure on how to get an ADMIT in German Universities: START WITH THE INTERNET: In this Information age, everything is available in the Internet; it just takes some time to look out for the correct information that you need. The first step in your study-abroad in Germany plan is to visit DAAD website and check out for the courses, scholarships and various other information about studying in Ger...

My German VISA experience | Mumbai Consulate | Guest post | Winter 2017

Name: Vedant Gandhi My German Visa experience – Mumbai Consulate, 15th June 2017 University: University of Applied science stuttgart (HFT Stuttgart) Course: Master's International Project Management (Infrastructure, Building, Real Estate) For booking my appointment I mailed them on their helpline email id as the website gives us option of doing it by calling them or by mail. I got a automated reply from them that we will reply to me within two working days. So i waited patiently for two days but didn't got any. finally on third day i called them asking my status. there was a foolish lady on other side who said i need to mail them to book a appointment. I explained her that i had already mailed vfs and blasted her for not replying back. after which she checked and said we will reply to you immediately. They told me all the slots are booked.after trying and starving for getting interview dates, calling them on regular basis for like 50-60 calls per day. I request...

SOP for German universities | What to do and what not to do? | Advice from seniors | GermanyUnofficial

Over the past years, there have been many candidates whom we have helped with respect to studying in Germany. One common thing where most of the applicants go wrong is their application documents. This post is to emphasize on the importance of the application documents and especially why Statement of Purpose is the most important document in the application. Before we go into the article, could you please LIKE our Facebook page It is totally understandable that, since the application process for Germany is not similar to that of U.S or other countries, also it is relatively new to most of the candidates and therefore one can expect to make mistakes. But from German university point of view, it is not acceptable at any case. Amazing | Informative | FREE newsletter : SIGNUP   To start with, culturally German are "perfectionists" and they expect things to work as per the procedure/rules in their regular life. The candidate needs to understand this first. Mak...

What can happen in your first journey to Germany | A simulation | Best case scenario

Everyone likes to hear positive things and are least concerned about the negative things that can/may happen, until and unless it happens. This will be a two part article, in which I am trying to prepare you for what might happen when you arrive in Germany for the first time. There are two possibilites when you arrive in Germany, either you can get a warm welcome or get really pissed off. Let me simulate the best case scenario in this article, of what may happen during your first few days in Germany. My next article will simulate the worst case scenario (link), that can happen to anyone. LIKE our facebook page for the updates: Unofficial Studying in Germany DISCLAIMER: The following scenario is just a excerpt from my experiences and it doesn't mean that, the same will happen to you. But I suggest the reader to take it up as a possibility. BEST-CASE SCENARIO: Assumptions: Your semester intake: Winter | Your destination city in Germany : Dresden | Your landing airport: Frankfurt ...

Worst case scenario | Your first travel to Germany | What will you do?

My last article was about the Best case scenario of what could happen, when you land in Germany. If you had missed it then, here is a link ( Best case scenario ).Let me simulate the worst case scenario of what could happen and it is just a word of caution to prepare yourself for the worst. Disclaimer: Nothing of this sort will happen to you, but the below scenario is an excerpt from my observations and experiences Worst case scenario: Assumptions: Your semester intake: Winter | Your destination city in Germany : Dresden | Your landing airport: Frankfurt | You have got Rail&Fly offer along with your flight ticket | Your student buddy has agreed to pick you up from the railway station. You started to apply for the winter intake only in the month of March, hence most of the top courses are already way past their deadline. So you settle for some mediocre course and start with all the process of blocked account, VISA, etc., The D-day has come for you to leave to Germ...

Popular posts from this blog

Study abroad - Whatsapp group | Studying in Germany

There have been many requests from students to start a Whatsapp group for our community and thus we have created a Official Whatsapp group, in order to help students with their doubts and queries.  We will try our level best to clarify the doubts, also we request others also to have a 'healthy' conversation with others. Some guidelines and infos about our Group: This is an International group and thus, the common language to be used is ENGLISH After you join the group, if someone contacts you via Personal message regarding any offers or consultancy, then please report to the admin This group is only for those who wish to STUDY and we do not offer any 'special' ways to get into Germany If you send any irrelevant message(SPAM) in the group, then you would be immediately removed from the group without any questions.  Abusive language will not be tolerated  Advertisements of any sort, is prohibited Whatsapp group -> Click HERE ...

How to find Indian/Asian products inside German supermarket? | Tour inside a German supermarket

So, when you have just arrived in Germany and are mesmerized with everything around you; starting from the traffic, rules, dorms, universitiy, etc., Something that is much more important is food and groceries that you need for day-to-day life activities. The problem with the German supermarkets is that, most of the products or items in the supermarket will be in German language and most of the new comers find it difficult to locate many items inside the supermarket. The situation gets worse, if you are not well-versed in German because most of the supermarket staff will only know German language and it would be difficult for you to explain what you are searching for.  Why you need to learn German? Check it out  In this article, I have tried to show all the Indian/Asian products that you can buy from the German supermarkets. Before I show you the products, I would mention some of the biggest and most renowned supermarkets in Germany which can be found in all t...

Which country is better? Germany VS Singapore | Masters studies | MS course

Germany VS Singapore Deciding a path to choose, when you have lot of options in hand is very difficult. When you are applying for Masters studies, there would be a lot of confusion in terms of which country to apply for and there was a question in Quora regarding Germany VS Singapore. Trust me, even I was in the same dilemma when I wanted to pursue my Masters course. Let me throw some light on the analysis that I had done, based on my experience in Germany(Masters studies) and my observations from my friends who are studying in Singapore. Climate:   Are you a person who likes Winters to be cold(around 0 degree Celsius)? Are you a person who likes to just have 2 months of Summer? If you’re from a tropical country, then there is high possibility that you will not like Germany’s climate, but on the other hand Singapore has similar tropical conditions, which makes it easier to adapt.  Winner:  Singapore Course duration:  Most of the courses...